Are We Done Yet? is a 2007 American family comedy film, it is a sequel to Are We There Yet? (2005).
Following the events of Are We There Yet?, Nick Persons (Ice Cube) has married Suzanne (Nia Long) and moved in with her, Kevin (Philip Daniel Bolden), and Lindsey (Aleisha Allen) into his apartment, also purchasing a 2007 Cadillac Escalade (after he accidentally blew up his Lincoln Navigator SUV in the previous film by leaving the lighter unattended inside). He has also sold his sports memorabilia store to his best friend, Marty (played by Jay Mohr in the first film). The family has also got a Berger Picard and named it Coco. While getting ready for an interview with Magic Johnson, Suzanne tells Nick that she is pregnant and they later find out that there will be twins.
For more space, Suzanne and Nick go check out a house in the suburbs. They meet Chuck Mitchell Jr. (John C. McGinley) there, and after some talking, Nick decides to take the house. The family then packs up their things and moves into the house, with Lindsey and Kevin – mostly the former – being against it. However, he didn't get it inspected first and they find mold in the house, so Nick is angry with Chuck as he almost destroys their house. Meanwhile, Lindsey sneaks out to go to a party and when Nick finds out, he grounds her. He finally decides to fire Chuck, which causes Suzanne to take the kids and move into the guest house, with the parting shot, "You're the one who's tearing this family apart!" After taking some time to think, Nick decides to fix the house on his own and also to apologize to Chuck especially when he was told that Chuck lost his wife few years previously. Chuck responds by bringing his friends to help, including Lindsey and Kevin.
When Suzanne goes into labor with the hospital half an hour away, Nick, Kevin and Lindsey have to deliver the babies. Chuck tries to get there, but his truck breaks down and he power walks down to the house. While she's still in labor, Nick gets a call from Magic. After Suzanne gives birth to twins boys, the movie ends six months later with a big barbecue in their backyard at which Nick debuts his new magazine titled Are We Done Yet?, based on his experience building the house.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Bats Squeal High Pitc TE012901
- Hollywoodedge, Cats Fighting Loud Sc PE917007/Hollywoodedge, Cats Two Angry YowlsD PE022601 (Fifth yowl heard thrice.)
- Hollywoodedge, Elk Honks Squeals Med PE025001
- Hollywoodedge, Fart 8 Comical Highpi PE139601 (Heard once in the opening credits.)
- Hollywoodedge, Medium Exterior Crow PE140401
- Hollywoodedge, Wubble Wobble Spring PE940704 (Heard once in the opening credits.)
- Sound Ideas, BIRD, TAWNY OWL - TAWNY OWL, STRIX ALUCO, BIRD, DIGIFFECTS
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, TWANG - WOBBLING TWANG (Heard once in the main titles when Nick falls off the broken ladder.)
- Sound Ideas, CLOCK, ALARM - ALARM CLOCK, ELECTRIC, BEEP, HIGH PITCHED BUZZING, VERSION 1, DIGIFFECTS
- Wilhelm Scream