And Now for Something Completely Different is a 1971 British sketch comedy film based on the television comedy series Monty Python's Flying Circus featuring sketches from the show's first two series. The title was taken from a catchphrase used in the television show.
The film, released on 28 September 1971 in the United Kingdom and 22 August 1972 in the United States, consists of 88 minutes of sketches and animation sequences seen in the first two series of the television show. All of the sketches were recreated for the film without an audience, and were intended for an American audience which had not yet seen the series. The announcer (John Cleese) appears briefly between some sketches to deliver the line "and now for something completely different", in situations such as being roasted on a spit and lying on top of a desk in a small pink bikini.
A collection of re-filmed sketches from the first and second seasons of the cult television comedy show Monty Python's Flying Circus. Includes such classics as "Nudge, Nudge", "Hell's Grannies", "Killer Cars", "Dead Parrot", "Lumberjack Song", "Blackmail", and "Upper Class Twit of the Year".
- Monty Python's Flying Circus
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
- Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979)
- Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl (1982)
- Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (1983)
Sound Effects Used
- Benny the Cab Yelling
- Blanket Crying
- Bud Crying
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 1
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 3
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 4
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 5
- Disney - IAGO SCREAM
- Gorgious Crying
- Jean-Bob Scream
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, LAUGHTER - LITTLE GIRL, SHORT GIGGLE 01
- Sound Ideas, EXPLOSION - LARGE EXPLOSION 01 (H-B)
- TECHNICOLOR EXPLOSION 01
- Toaster Scream